Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Mercure Hull Overnight stay for 2, plus breakfast and Little Wolds vineyard self tour entry.
The promoter of this competition is Mercure Hull Grange Park, Grange Park Lane, Hull, HU10 6EB, a company registered in England no. 07550805 (“The Promoter”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
1. To participate in the competition, you must submit your competition entry as detailed in section 6 below between 26/01/2024 at 08:00 and 07/02/2024 at 23:59 (the “Competition Period”). Entries submitted outside of the Competition Period will not be valid.
2. If you wish to participate in the competition you agree to these terms and conditions (“Terms”). By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms, so please read these Terms carefully.
3. The competition is open to UK residents only except employees of Mercure Hull (The Promoter) and Aimbridge Hospitality. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
4. Entry into the competition is restricted to one entry via competition form (see section 6 below) per individual person. No purchase or payment of any form is required for entry into the competition.
5. All entry instructions for the competition will form part of these Terms.
6. To enter the competition, please: (a) complete and submit the official entry via Mercure Hull’s competition webpage by answering the question correctly and completing all details correctly. Entries must be submitted by the specified closing date (see section 1 above). Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions in these Terms, provide the required information, successfully submit their entry, timely submit their entry, and/or abide by these Terms may be disqualified. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Any entrant that attempts to complete or submit fraudulent entries, and their entries, will be disqualified. Entrants may not enter with multiple email addresses, nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same email account enter the competition and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorised account holder of the said email account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. Authorised account holder is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organisation, which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorised account holder.
Prize(s) & Winning
7. One winner will receive Overnight hotel accommodation at Mercure Hull for one night for two people sharing a bedroom, breakfast for two, self-guided wine vineyard tour, x2 wine tasting flights of three wines with tasting notes and a vineyard cheese board.
8. Travel expense is not included in the prize [see section 18]. Any drinks or additional food consumed beyond what is stated in Section 7 are not included in the prize and must be paid for separately by the competition winner.
9. The stay dates at the hotel are subject to availability [see section 17] and must be arranged and confirmed directly with the hotel and your admission to Little Wolds Vineyard must be claimed upon check-in.
10. We reserve the right to: (i) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value; (ii) subject to section 21 below, in unavoidable circumstances vary the closing date for the competition; (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry to the competition if they are in breach of these Terms; and (iv) in exceptional circumstances amend these Terms, in which case we will notify such changes to entrants and potential entrants.
11. The prize winner(s) will be randomly drawn by a computerised random generator.
12. The prize winner(s) will also be notified via email within 7 days of the closing date of the competition. The prize winner(s) will have 14 days to respond to initial correspondence before an alternative winner or runner-up is contacted. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner, but if the winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, The Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
13. The winner’s name, address, email address and phone number must be provided to The Promoter when requested for the purpose of arranging prize redemption and will be shared with the property to enable the fulfilment of the Prize.
14. The winner may be requested to take part in some promotional activity as part of receiving the prize e.g. publicity photos. If you agree to take part in such promotional activity, you will need to enter into an image release form which allows us to use your images and/or any footage in which you appear in our promotional campaigns, which may include press and magazine advertising, direct mail, outdoor advertising, transport advertising (such as buses), social media advertising such as Facebook and Instagram.
15. You will not be entitled to receive payment for any such use by us of your image or footage in which you appear.
16. The decision of the promoter and any independent judge (as applicable) is final and binding in all matters relating to this competition, and no correspondence will be entered into on the matter.
17. Prizes are subject to availability. The prize(s) will be as stated in these terms. The overnight stay at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel must be redeemed before 31/09/2024 subject to hotel availability. [See section 9] Redemption and collection of the vineyard tickets is at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel reception upon check-in. The overnight stay must be booked and confirmed directly with the hotel prior to your stay date. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for prizes, subject to section 9 above. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-refundable and non-transferable. Prizes cannot also be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
18. Travel expenses and travel arrangements are not included in the prize. The winner is responsible for own travelling expenses and travel arrangements.
Your information & image
19. Information you provide to us on the entry form will be used to administer the competition and to contact you only for the purposes of the competition and will deleted after 6 months from the conclusion of the competition, unless you have opted-in to be contacted by the promoter and its retailers for marketing purposes. We may need your date of birth to verify that you are entitled to enter this competition, but will not use it for any other purpose. If you have selected the option(s) to be contacted by the promoter for marketing purposes, we will only use your information to keep you updated with the latest offers and news from the promoter. We will not pass on your information to any third parties, and you can opt-out from direct marketing at any time.
20. Winner’s first name and city/town of residence may be posted on the social media profiles of The Promotor after the winner has been selected for announcement purposes.
23. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to disqualify any entrant that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the competition or website; violates the Terms; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made. We also reserve the right to seek damages from any such person and entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
24. Our failure to enforce any term of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond our control and award the prize from among all eligible online entries received prior to cancellation. Other than for fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we exclude, to the full extent permitted by law, all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense you may incur, whether direct or indirect and however caused, in connection with this competition or the prizes. We are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry forms whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entry forms.
25. These Terms and this competition are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Any queries in relation to this competition should be directed in writing to The Marketing Department, Aimbridge EMEA, The Mailbox Level 1, Spaces, Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RD