A Normal Weddings Order Of The Day
16 June 2022
Our focus is on the ‘Order of the Day’ to give you an idea of how your day will run. This is just a rough guide, and we always take input from our couples on how they want their day to go.
- Guests will arrive at the venue at least 30 – 60 minutes before the ceremony, where they can relax in our main hotel bar. When it is time to be seated, your wedding host will guide your guests through to the suite the civil ceremony will be taking place in. All our suites are licensed for civil ceremonies, allowing us to cater to a range of guest numbers. If holding your ceremony elsewhere such as a registry office or church, you and your guests will be greeted on arrival by our staff with an arrival drink which you can then enjoy in our gardens or main bar area. You can also have more photos taken in our gardens in addition to the ones at your ceremony venue. Registrars https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/living/marriage-and-civil-partnerships/marriages/
- You will need to choose at least four songs to be played during your ceremony. One to walk down the aisle, two for during signing of the register and one for couples to walk back up the aisle. You can, of course, also choose some music for guests to be seated before the ceremony begins.
- Reception drinks are usually served in the garden (weather permitting) as guests go outside for photos. We have beautiful established gardens with plenty of room for kids to play our giant Jenga, connect four, and more. We also have our Cedar’s Caravan Bar and a double wooden swing hanging from our large cedar tree for a great photo of the newly wedded couple.
- After photos and reception drinks which usually last anywhere from a minimum of an hour up to a maximum of two hours, your wedding host will announce for your guests to be seated. You can either have a lineup to receive your guests at the entrance or choose to be announced once they are seated. You can then enjoy your chosen three-course wedding breakfast with a glass of wine included followed by tea or coffee served with your dessert.
- Should you wish to stick to tradition and include speeches at your reception, it is usual for there to be three in total, with the traditional order being the father of the bride, the groom and the best man. However, it’s your day so do choose whoever you would like. If any of the people giving a speech are nervous at all, please consider holding your speeches before the wedding breakfast so that they can then relax and enjoy their meal.
- Evening reception with disco usually starts at 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm with your evening guests arriving to carry on the celebrations and party into the night. Red square events will supply your DJ and contact you nearer the time to go through your music preferences and your first song choice.
- Cutting the cake usually takes place once all your evening guests have arrived and then is served with your Evening buffet at a time of your choosing. We offer a 6-item evening buffet with a large selection of sandwiches included as one choice with five additional items chosen by you from our vast menu.
- A complimentary bedroom for the happy couple is included in our packages. You will be allocated the best available room at the time of your booking. All guests enjoy our leisure facilities and our fabulous breakfast served by our attentive breakfast team in our main Brasserie restaurant.