Planning an event and don’t know where to start?
27 April 2018
Responsible for organising your trade association’s annual dinner, or your annual company awards? Is the thought of planning keeping you up all night? Are colleagues offering their two-penneth worth, but seem to disappear when you ask for assistance? At the Mercure Hull Grange Park, we appreciate the arrangements that are required for organising your trade association’s or company’s annual dinner or company awards event.
The starting point when organising an annual dinner event? Here are a few top tips:
- Have an idea of numbers to enable the venue to ensure the best room for your guests. Too large a room can feel less personal, too small and your guests may feel claustrophobic
- Is there flexibility with the menus to cater for special dietary requirements, including any allergies?
- What after dinner entertainment can be accommodated? From an inspirational speaker to a disco, does the room offer flexibility for your chosen event?
- Is your venue easily accessible for all, with convenient parking?
- Is there overnight accommodation to enable your guests to make an event or weekend of the celebrations?
The Mercure Hull Grange Park can help you with all of these points. Your Event Co-ordinator will work with you to ensure a memorable, and successful event. From discussing dining options, to after dinner entertainment; we’ll work with you to ensure your event is one to remember. If you need ideas or contacts, we can provide suggestions, whether you’re looking for an after dinner speaker, disco, or even a magician.
What’s more with car parking for 600 cars, 100 bedrooms and a delicious breakfast the following morning, the Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel is ideally suited for all your guests.
Caroline Kirkwood, Association Secretary Hull Corn and Feed Trade Association said: “The Hull Corn and Feed Trade Association has held its Annual Dinner at the Mercure Grange Park Hotel, Willerby for the last eleven years now, which is good testament in itself. Over the years the number of guests attending the Dinner has increased from about 230 to 360 and the main function room can accommodate our guests comfortably. The big investment the hotel made in decorating the main function room, has had a real impact on our Dinner and now looks incredibly smart and fresh. We have always been pleased with the standard of food, and the level of service has always been very good. The introduction of drinks waiters taking orders electronically last year was a real boost to the service on the evening. Many of our guests attending the dinner travel from all over the country to attend and find the location and parking facilities are ideal.”
For further information, just call 01482 272 763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to help.